Tuesday 7 April 2009

Another update

So it's been three months since I last posted on here; What have I achieved in this time? Well, I have:

  • Mentored a group of first time filmmakers from the idea stage through pre- and post-production, helping them to make a six minute comedy short which was shown at a short film competition and recieved great feedback from the judges
  • Edited two short films for other directors
  • Worked as the visual co-ordinator for the Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show- the largest student run charity show in Europe which has raised over £240,000 in the last 5 years- developing ideas to fit the theme of 'Revolution', filming and editing all of the footage played throughout the show, and filming and editing a 15 minute long documentary about the charities the show supported which will hopefully be used by the charities in the future for publicity
  • Written three short films which I hope to direct this Summer
You can read a review of the Fashion Show- with a good report on the visuals- here.

I'm currently six weeks away from finishing University so my main focus is my dissertation and exams, and following that I'll be working for six weeks at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, firstly as a tape checking monitor and then as a general assistant/runner. I'll then be moving back home to London and hunting for work in the Film and TV industry and continuing to make my own films. Hurray!

No comments: